In Store

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Seven days to a happier me

Has it really been a year since I last posted? 
Well, I seem to have lost my direction in a lot of things and just got bogged down with daily life, not knowing where I was heading and most importantly where I wanted to be heading. So a bit of soul searching is needed - a cliche but oh so true especially after becoming a mother. I've never been very career driven and can't remember when I was a child what I wanted to be when I grew up. I'm still not sure what I want to be but I have come to realise that maybe not everyone is career driven in the traditional sense. Someone recently told me that I was a "homemaker". I took this as a compliment and it got me realising that this is probably where my strengths and passion lie and to therefore pursue actively and be the best I can be at it. 

I made a list of what is most important to me and happened to come up with 7 chore activities/areas which fits in nicely with the week. So I'm thinking of allocating each item a day and making sure I do something to improve, fine-tune or fulfill that area/need. Then hopefully it will kick start a lifestyle change and I'll be doing more than one conscious activity/task each day to get me where I want to go.

1 Creativity
2. Happy Families
3. Organised and Well Kept House
4. Being outdoors in the countryside, gardening or at the allotment
5. Baking
6. Good Health
7. Social Life

Today I fulfilled 2 as my daughter and I had fun in the park, actually make that 3 areas as it was good for my health too in so many ways - vitamin D from the sun, walking and having fun releases all those endorphins. 

I still need to create a goal for these areas - probably more of a lifestyle goal really and am thinking of a 2 year goal to begin with especially as the big 40 will be coming around soon. 

I also read somewhere that you should Make decisions based on who you are and who you want to be. So everytime I sit in front of the TV or browse Facebook instead of being proactive etc I am going to recite this mantra and hopefully ..well who knows.

So Wednesday's plans?  Buy an A4 folder for creating my Household Notebook which will help me on my way to an organised house (and mind). 

xx

No comments: