In Store

Sunday 10 March 2019

40 Day Plastic-Free Challenge: Day Five

40 Day Plastic-Free Challenge: Day Five

Day Five sees my family and I on a trip to the cinema. Yep we are all Marvel fans ๐Ÿ˜Š. It was a 1pm showing and I made sure that lunch was ready at 12pm before we left so we didn't have to grab a sandwich en route. I also made sure that I took enough drinks for all of us.


When we arrived we grabbed some pick n mix - not again though as £7 for the two of us so will think again next time - probably for Marvel Avenger's End Game ๐Ÿคจ. 

One issue I wanted to touch on today was online ordering. My better half ordered some trainers from a well known online giant and it came with the following plastic packaging!

I have put it to the test and have placed an order through Ebay and made a request that my 200 paper sandwich bags are not sent in plastic postal bags - they arrive Wednesday so will let you know when I will also talk about packed lunches. I already have a stash of bubble wrap, jiffy bags and postal bags to reuse whenever I sell anything on Ebay but I have struggled with disposing of polystyrene sheets and foam chips. Has anyone successfully returned these to a vendor? 

I am very aware now of all the plastic in our house and look forward to it getting less and less as I use things up and then replace them with their more eco friendly equivalents. For example; hand wash, bathroom or kitchen cleaners, scouring pads - the list goes on. I am going to look to see if I can trial some of these products and feature them on here and be a bit cheeky and send out some emails to request samples. You never know.
One of them is Peace with the wild who I have approached already who sell a lovely range of items. 
So if you ever struggle for present ideas.....๐Ÿ˜‰


No comments: